New ICT in Planning practice
(Group leader: Dominique Lancrenon).
ExCo Member: Dominique Lancrenon
Dominique Lancrenon, Martin Berchtold, Nuno Norte Pinto, Michael Stein, Pierre Collardey
ECTP-CEU Group of “New ICT in Planning Practice”
The new working group “New ICT in Planning Practice” (WG_NICT) will promote the use of new information and communication technologies (ICT) in common planning practice at all scales and in all planning contexts.
The main goals are:
- §To promote knowledge transfer between research and practice in the field by bridging the existing gap between practitioners (planners, urban designers, architects, engineers, …) and the very rich community of researchers focused on the application of ICT-based approaches and methods to spatial and urban planning;
- §To disseminate new practices based on the use of ICT in spatial and urban planning, improving the technical quality of spatial planning and urban design in general;
- §To be a forum of discussion of these topics in the European planning arena.
The main activities of the group will be:
- To organize initiatives that promote the use of ICT in spatial planning and urban design both at the European and at the national levels;
- To promote the knowledge transfer between research and practice in the field;
- To promote the interaction of the WG_NICT with other institutions outside ECTP-CEU which are dedicated to the same research and practice topics;
- To generate the proper resources to disseminate its work, namely a webpage within the ECTP-CEU portal, and online and printed publications in the field.
Imagina 2013, February 19 to 21, 2013, Monaco
The next edition of imagina will lay the foundations of a new type of event in Europe by connecting the digital technologies for 3D modelling and simulation to the emerging issues related to the layout of smart cities, territory sustainable management and environmental protection. More info at www.imagina.mc.
Pour sa prochaine édition, imagina pose les fondements d'un nouveau concept de manifestation européenne en rapprochant, de manière inédite, les technologies numériques de modélisation et de simulation 3D avec les nouveaux enjeux liés à l'aménagement des villes intelligentes, la gestion durable des territoires et la préservationde notre environnement. Informations à www.imagina.mc.
CAMUSS, International Symposium on Cellular Automata Modeling for Urban and Spatial Systems, November 8-10 2012, Oporto, Portugal
After more than three decades of intensive research on the development and application of cellular automata (CA) models to simulate urban and spatial systems, it is the time to gather all the researchers that have participated in this area of research. This Symposium is expected to be a reunion of the CA community across the world, bringing together all the generations of researchers who have gave to the CA modeling the complex scientific structure that they currently have. CAMUSS aims to create the proper forum for a deep reflection on the scientific history of CA in Geography and Urban Studies through the presentation of the state-of-the-art research on CA, and to devise a new research agenda for the next decades in this topic. More info at www.camuss.dec.uc.pt.
Links and Resources on New ICT in Planning Practice
Link to the Blog of SRL Working Group “Linked Information Systems in Planning” (in German): http://vi.ru.uni-kl.de/
Link to the Website of PNGI* “Planners’ Network Geo-Innovation” (in German): http://geo-innovation.stqp.uni-karlsruhe.de/
Upcoming IGI Global book on Virtual Cities and Territories: www.vctbook.dec.uc.pt