Youth for Implementation of UN Habitat New Agenda
- Youth for Implementation of UN Habitat New Agenda
- Fri, 17. November 2017 - Sat, 18. November 2017
- Sremski Karlovci,
We are pleased to inform you that European Youth Organization, Institute for International and Cross-border Cooperation and Youth Association of Serbia are organizing the International Youth Summit entitled “Youth for Implementation of UN Habitat New Agenda”.
The International Youth Summit will be held from 17th to 18th November, 2017 in Sremski Karlovci, Serbia and implemented through a Panel Discussions and Workshops with focus on following topics:
- SUSTAINABLE URBAN INITIATIVES AS THE NEW CHANCE FOR YOUNGSTERS
- Sustainable Initiatives as the New Chance for Youngsters
- Sustainable and Inclusive Urban Prosperity and Opportunities for All
- The Youth Power for Positive Urban Transformation
- Role of Youth in Socio-Cultural Urban Development
- Right to the City and Cities for All
- Women in Cities – Recognizing the Contribution of Women to Urban Development
- SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT FOR SOCIAL INCLUSION AND ENDING POVERTY
- Setting the Positive Environment for Business Opportunities
- The New Business Dimension of Urban and Rural Cooperation
- Prosperity for all through Urban Public – Private Partnership
- Enhancing Youth Employment through Entrepreneurship
- Non-formal education as a way to boost social inclusion and poverty prevention
- Solidarity as Way of Urban Life Stile
- Embracing Social and Cultural Equality in Cities
- Providing Tolerance and Participation in Urban Areas
- Youth Power as Initiator for Social Changes
- ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE AND RESILIENT URBAN DEVELOPMENT
- Investing in Sustainable Cities: Challenges and Opportunities
- Climate change – Traditional and Community-based Knowledge
- Green Spaces and Urban Forests – Public Areas for Equitable, Healthy and Sustainable Cities
- Energy Efficient Buildings for Resilient And Smart Cities
- Turning Roads into Streets – Road Space Allocation and Public Space Resilience
- Safer Smarter Cities for Women and Girls
- Data Driven Cities: Dynamic Apps for Planning Resilient Cities
- Implementing the New Urban Agenda beyond City Boundaries
The Summit will highlight, among others, the objectives and problems stated in the UN Habitat Agenda (2016) and will provide the first opportunity for youth interested in the topic of SDG-s, economic development, social inclusion, equalities and sustainable urban environments, strategic and urban planning, to explore the implications of the New Urban Agenda and begin the development of a roadmap for its implementation. The conference will provide significant workshop content to address specific professional interests and foster multi-disciplinary collaboration.
We warmly welcome the youth from all over the world to take active role in this very important Youth Summit and with your active participation contribute to its successful work.
Criteria for selecting participants:
- Students, postgraduate students, young professionals and young activists.
- Application form
- Preferable age between 20 and 35
- The applicants should have ability to speak and understand English
- Expressed interest for UN Habitat New Agenda
For early birds, registered by July 10th participation fee will amount 110 €.
Participants registered by September 15th participation fee will amount 130 €.
Late registration by October 30th participation fee will amount 150 €
Participation fee includes: Participation in the conference, meals – 2 lunches + Gala dinner, closing ceremony cocktail, refreshments during the sessions, Conference material, expert speakers, participation Certificate and Sremski Karlovci sightseeing.
Looking forward to meet you in Sremski Karlovci!
- Sremski Karlovci